- Open the search engine dialog without using the search bar
- Access the search engine menu by clicking on the panel button (can be changed in the settings restore the old behaviour where the dialog was shown directly)
- Panel button highlighting when new search engines are available (can be disabled)
Interested in adding a translation?
While work on this extension has been discontinued, you're still welcome to submit new translations! To do so, please download this file, follow the instructions and send an e-mail to email@example.com with the translated file! Thank you!
Currently this add-on has been translated into the following languages:
- English (en-US)
- German (de-DE)
- Spanish (es-ES) – thanks strelnic!
While porting this extension to the WebExtensions standard may be possible due to Mozilla bug 1268401 being implemented in Firefox 60+, I do not see any good reason to do so anymore:
- The search settings are now easily reachable through the application preferences
- It is now easy to add engines by right-clicking any search field and selecting the corresponding menu item
- Let's be honest: How often do you change your default search engine?
This extension was originally written to make it possible to use all the search-engine related features of the browser without having to use the search bar. That can now be achieved without using this extension just as easily. For a while I simply kept this extension around in maintenance-only mode because it was easy to do so. That has now changed.
Maximum version numbers may be off – choose the latest version compatible with your platform!
- v1.3.2 (Unsigned, Firefox 38 – 56)
- v1.3.1 (Unsigned, Firefox 38 – 56)
- v1.3.0 (Unsigned, Firefox 38 – 56)
- v1.2.1 (Unsigned, Firefox 24 – 56, PaleMoon 25+)
- v1.2.0 (Unsigned, Firefox 24 – 56, PaleMoon 25+)
- v1.1.0 (Unsigned, Firefox 24 – 56, PaleMoon 25+)
- v1.0.0 (Unsigned, Firefox 29 – 56)
- v0.1.1 (Unsigned, Firefox 29 – 56)
These are rebuilds since the versions orignally uploaded to Mozilla were deleted before I tried downloading them.